Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Self Portrait's V.3

Here is  Tracy's self portrait:

"I considered several ideas regarding my self portrait over the months leading up to the deadline, but of course never acted upon any of them. As the date approached, the ideas got simpler! The day before our reveal I decided that a happy face would be the perfect representation for my self portrait. I would describe myself as being a happy and smiling person. We went out for Mexican dinner with friends that evening and one "top shelf" margarita later I came home to complete my portrait. The face is printed on silk and layered on a white on white fabric with a swirl pattern, which is one of my favorite motifs. I enjoy exploring layering different images and am fascinated by seeing one texture used as a background for another image. Various black and white fabrics (a obsession of mine) were chosen to border, back and bind the piece. Lastly, I stamped a favorite set of words onto a tag and pinned it too the piece.

I am fun, fanciful and frivolous!"



Candy did a two sided  self portrait representing the right and left sides of her brain.  The portrait is from a photo shopped portrait that was altered to make it black and white.  The right brain and left brain characteristics of course overlap but can also be divided. 






Cheri sent this for hers:
"Earth Child"
"I'm a child of the earth,
A duo at birth,
I'm a poet,
I'm a writer,
I'm a quilter,
I'm a fighter,
A free spirit by Nature
Adventurous creator
Rule Breaker
Chance taker
Who am I?
Well don't consider me mild,
I'm just a real wild child!"
My portrait has fibers, beads, crystal and jewelry from my Aunt who passed away this last fall,
she was instrumental in shaping the person I am today.


No comments:

Post a Comment